growing GIANT SEQUOIA- Sequoiadendron giganteum in India

Clear Cut clearcut at excite.com
Tue Dec 10 13:12:11 EST 2002

An excellent source for ecological and management information can be
found at:

http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/silvics_manual/Volume_1/sequoiadendron/
giganteum.htm

Compare your growing site to the conditions where giant sequoia grows
natively.  They like water, they like nutrients - in other word good to
excellent site conditions.

The most serious disease when planted outside of their native range
appears to be Botryosphaeria sp.

The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection collects seeds
and grows seedlings.  They may sell seeds or direct you to a source.

   http://www.fire.ca.gov/ResourceManagement/StateNurseries.asp

==-=-==
Note due to extreme filtering, put the word NOSPAM in the Subject of an
email if you would like me respond personally

                           clearcut at excite.com
==-=-==