growing GIANT SEQUOIA- Sequoiadendron giganteum in India

Tsu Dho Nimh abacaxi at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 12 07:55:32 EST 2002

begin  reply "gregpresley" <gpresley at iea.com> wrote:

>Flourish might be a 'generous' word - but they "might"  survive. Actually,
>somewhere in the east,  perhaps at the Arnold Arboretum in Boston, they
>actually have been able to make the Sequoia's close cousin, the Redwood
>grow. And that climate is nothing like the foggy California coast.

There is a redwood or sequoia (I forget which) growing in a
really old part of Norfolk VA.  It was brought back by a ship's
captain as a seedling in the late 1800s and is a most impressive
specimen.  Botany students make pilgrimages there.

Tsu Dho Nimh

--
Your personal opinion is your prerogative.  However, without
substantive evidence, it is nothing more than an opinion.