(LONG) Bigfoot Is Dead

Michael Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Thu Dec 19 12:26:29 EST 2002

In article <6dafee1b.0212182255.1a3a6f26 at posting.google.com>,
dwheeler at ipns.com says...
> Michael Hagen <mhagen at olympus.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.186ae0bc80937875989682 at news.olympus.net>...
> > In article <6dafee1b.0212181033.3e1d6c08 at posting.google.com>,
> > dwheeler at ipns.com says...
> > > From The Oregonian, Dec. 6, 2002, p A1
> > >
> > > Bighoax: The abominable truth can finally be told
> > > The family of Ray L. Wallace goes public with his monstrous prank
> > > after his death at age 84
> > >
> > snip good stuff, not all true
> >
> > Ray was a joker and an original character. However, I seriously doubt
> > his "confession" will sway true Bigfoot devotees pro or con.  I
> > recommend Robert Michael Pyle's book, Where Bigfoot Walks, for a good
> > holiday read.  Many native people take BF seriously. I've been warned
> > about the big guy myself when cruising certain tribal forestlands.
> The original article of the Lost Cabin Mine would have placed the
> location near either Mt. Adams or Mt. St. Helens (which also has an
> "Ape Cave"). The story was that after finding a rich placer deposit,
> several miners woke up to large rocks bouncing through their log-cabin
Sounds like a cool spot. I worked on the Orleans District in the mid
70's - that's where Bluff Creek is.  That combination of extreme terrain
and isolation is actually pretty common in the coast range - no matter
if the tract has been roaded. It's a very steep, rugged place, covered
in poison oak and big trees.  Believe me - the Big Guy could have mooned
Bf investigators from 15 feet off any road and nobody would have been
the wiser.  Had a barracks mate there called Bigfoot too.