W. H. Whellens

david jones dpj_gemini at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 9 16:18:23 EST 2002

Hello, I have a forestry book by W.H.Whellens (published in 1918)entitled
Forestry Work. He was Head Forester at Thoresby Park. What is particularly
interesting is that it is signed by him to Lord Algernon Percy and also
contains a letter to Lord Percy thanking him for a letter of recommendation
Lord Percy wrote for him to secure his job. Has anyone heard of Whellens and
could tell me anything about him? If not are there any other web-sites I
could contact that might be able to help? Thanks, David
<dpj_gemini at hotmail.com>