Tree branch accident kills logger, 23

Mike Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Wed Mar 20 12:17:22 EST 2002

Larry,
Requirements for industrial safety in Washington and Oregon are just as
strict  as BC - but rarely enforced in these days of unfunded budgets.  What
Safety Inspectors are left all seem to be in urban areas, not the woods.
Like most bureaucracies, the industrial insurance people are much more
concerned with upping everybody's rates based on a new accident than on
getting out of their offices.
Larger companies will have the works on site- a really good first aid chest,
probably one EMT and  Industrial First Aid certs for all the crew. But
gyppos and small outfits may have a hard time finding a band aid and the
injured guy may have to ride in back with the rigging.

news:6dafee1b.0203200815.1de2a80d at posting.google.com...
news:<m2k7s8dw2v.fsf at localhost.localdomain>...