New Search Interface for FS Research Publications and Compass

Randy D. McCracken rdm at
Wed Oct 9 20:32:00 EST 2002

Greeting from the Southern Research Station,

I am please to announce a new search interface for the USDA/FS Research
Publications Database housed at the Southern Research Station.  This new
interface provides full Boolean and other advance searches on over 5,800
records that lead to full text documents:

We will never be finished with improvements to the database and search
engine but we certainly think this is a tremendous step forward

Look forward to your questions/comments/suggestions.

Also, the latest edition of Compass, the Southern Research Station's
publication for announcing our scientists' research products is
scheduled to be release in mid-November.

Customer Comments
We invite you to submit your questions, comments, and suggestions about
the research and services of the Southern Research Station.  Please use
our on-line comment card located at:

Subscription information about this mailing list is available at:

Please send e-mail to rdm at if you have any problems with
this list.

Randy D. McCracken
rdm at