Environmentalists Want To Save The Forests From Logging by Burning Them

enviro at flyhigh.com enviro at flyhigh.com
Sun Sep 8 09:51:03 EST 2002

"Gordon Couger" <gcouger at NOSPAMprovalue.net> wrote in message
news:KZwe9.1802$ZH4.543884 at newsfeed.slurp.net...

> <enviro at flyhigh.com> wrote in message
> news:s3ve9.1429$Se4.1105084 at monger.newsread.com...
> > I am an environmentalist.
> >
> > I believe decisions need to be based on tree biology rather than board
> foot.
> > Take the commercial interest of cutting wood out of the forest and
> realistic
> > options to maintain system health seem to emerge.
> >

> Realistically we have to have lumber and we have to manage forest to keep
> them from becoming fire bombs. There is no reason that that two can't be
> combined to minimize the cost and impact of both in at least some areas.
> --

Yes, and there is also a need to seporate the forest from the tree farms.

May I ask you a question Gorden.  When was the last time you dissseced
trees?

If you have in fact done so, could you explain to me how barrk forms (inner
and outter).  I want to add it tro my web site and dictionary.

--

*****************************
Sincerely,

John A. Keslick Jr.
Tree Biologist
Consulting Services
treeman at chesco.com
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/service

Logging and Dictionary
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/sound

that humans are not the boss.
Trying to treat what you do not understand is the same as trying to start a
Rolls Royce by hitting it with a sledgehammer.
Logging for fire control - sure - but guess what - A tourniquet will stop a
nosebleed too!
Hey, if you log your leg - You will not have another ingrown toe nail on
that foot.
BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS!

Ezekiel 39:10 (KJV)
So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out
of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall
spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the
Lord GOD.