Environmentalists Want To Save The Forests From Logging by Burning Them

enviro at flyhigh.com enviro at flyhigh.com
Sun Sep 8 09:57:12 EST 2002

> There are environmentalists, and then there are the so called
> environmentalists that consider themselves environmentalists because they
> advocate against any and all logging, mining, commercial fishing or modern
> farming, while at the same time failing to make any connection with the
fact
> that they "eat and excrete like everyone else and hence use resources."
>
> Bob Weinberger

Bob, please define what you mean when you say environmentalist.
I am just trying to understand.

Humpty Dumpty said a word means only what he wants it to mean. Socrates, a
great philosopher, said, just tell us what you want your word to mean.   And
Voltaire, another great thinker, said, when we know what you mean by your
words, arguments and misunderstandings will seldom happen. So be it  (SHIGO,
2000).   One more thing, to consider.   Consider poor Joe who liked alcohol.
Drank methanol rather than ethanol. He then quickly learned, as his brain
got burned. That words are important after all (SHIGO, 1999).

--

*****************************
Sincerely,

John A. Keslick Jr.
Tree Biologist
Consulting Services
treeman at chesco.com
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/service

Logging and Dictionary
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/sound

that humans are not the boss.
Trying to treat what you do not understand is the same as trying to start a
Rolls Royce by hitting it with a sledgehammer.
Logging for fire control - sure - but guess what - A tourniquet will stop a
nosebleed too!
Hey, if you log your leg - You will not have another ingrown toe nail on
that foot.
BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS!

Ezekiel 39:10 (KJV)
So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out
of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall
spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the
Lord GOD.