Compass - Summer 2002

Randy D. McCracken rdm at srs.fs.usda.gov
Sun Sep 8 13:07:50 EST 2002

Greeting from the Southern Research Station,

The summer 2002 edition of Compass, the Southern Research Station's
publication for announcing our scientists' research products, has been
canceled.  Its listings will be incorporated into the Autumn 2002 issue.
  The reason for the delay in publishing the summer listings is that the
monies used for our Compass have been diverted to support this year's
emergency fire situation.

We apologize to those of you who depend on paper copies of the Compass
but we hope that you will take this opportunity to visit our online
database containing over 5,400 records that lead to full-text versions
of publications.  We add new records every week and invite you to keep
up with the latest from the USDA Forest Service research publications on
the Web with the following links:

USDA Forest Service Research Publications Online
http://www.srs.fs.fed.us/pubs/

100 Most Recent SRS Publications Added to the Online Database
http://www.srs.fs.fed.us/pubs/new_pubs-srs.jsp

=======
Customer Comments
We invite you to submit your questions, comments, and suggestions about
the research and services of the Southern Research Station.  Please use
our on-line comment
card located at:

http://www.srs.fs.fed.us/customer/commentcard_srs.htm