Environmentalists Want To Save The Forests From Logging by Burning Them

Bio-Geo-Recon bgr at jps.net
Sun Sep 8 14:58:35 EST 2002

John,
    What is your point?  Just because you are an expert in the biology of
trees doesn't mean that you are an expert in the politics of the management
and use of natural resources.  If a forest is managed solely for the optimum
health of the trees, without regard to the needs of those doing the
managing, then you might as well put the forests in preserves.  That way we
can rape the Amazon basin for all our wood needs and not have to worry about
having sub-optimal forest stands in the US.
Clyde Spencer

<enviro at flyhigh.com> wrote in message
news:rtJe9.1551$Se4.1182660 at monger.newsread.com...

May I ask you a question Gorden.  When was the last time you dissseced
trees?

<enviro at flyhigh.com> wrote in message
news:guJe9.1552$Se4.1182811 at monger.newsread.com...

<snip>