Environmentalists Want To Save The Forests From Logging by Burning Them

enviro at flyhigh.com enviro at flyhigh.com
Mon Sep 9 09:16:42 EST 2002

Bob

Could you help write a paper for the web site on how different trees have
different types of wood.  Heartwood, no heartwood, false heartwood, color
altered wood, case hardened wood and so forth.  The text books are pretty
confusing.  Also have you published any papers on CODIT and how different
pieces of trees have more resistance to invasion that others?  Thus how
quality of material will determine which materials if used in homes will be
visited by termites and ants.  Those showing children that there is a
difference between having a lot of trees and having a lot of high quality
trees even if it is in a tree farm or not.

I really would like to understand trees and their wonderful ecological roles
with those who live, on, in and around.

Do you have any, you must, pictures of your dissections that could be used
to explain the unique features different species.

Thanks in advance.

--

*****************************
Sincerely,

John A. Keslick Jr.
Tree Biologist
Consulting Services
treeman at chesco.com
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/service

Logging and Dictionary
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/sound

that humans are not the boss.
Trying to treat what you do not understand is the same as trying to start a
Rolls Royce by hitting it with a sledgehammer.
Logging for fire control - sure - but guess what - A tourniquet will stop a
nosebleed too!
Hey, if you log your leg - You will not have another ingrown toe nail on
that foot.
BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS!

Ezekiel 39:10 (KJV)
So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out
of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall
spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the
Lord GOD.

news:unn39hrveoj984 at corp.supernews.com...