Environmentalists Want To Save The Forests From Logging by Burning Them

Lloyd Parker lparker at NOSPAM.emory.edu
Mon Sep 9 13:16:56 EST 2002

In article <LZNe9.15482$LI2.1153816 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
   "Bio-Geo-Recon" <bgr at jps.net> wrote:
>John,
>    What is your point?  Just because you are an expert in the
biology of
>trees doesn't mean that you are an expert in the politics of the
management
>and use of natural resources.  If a forest is managed solely for the
optimum
>health of the trees, without regard to the needs of those doing the
>managing, then you might as well put the forests in preserves.

Even those -- the wildnerness ones -- Bush wants to allow logging in.

> That way we
>can rape the Amazon basin for all our wood needs and not have to
worry about
>having sub-optimal forest stands in the US.

Or the timber companies could plant their own trees on their own
lands.  Private enterprise -- what a novel concept!