Environmentalists Want To Save The Forests From Logging by Burning Them

Bruce Burhans bburhan1 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 9 18:59:27 EST 2002

"Lloyd Parker" <lparker at NOSPAM.emory.edu> wrote in message
news:alj2pl$o9k$11 at puck.cc.emory.edu...
> In article <vf6f9.17141$LI2.1315389 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
>    "Bruce Burhans" <bburhan1 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> >"Lloyd Parker" <lparker at NOSPAM.emory.edu> wrote in message
> >news:alioio$nei$2 at puck.cc.emory.edu...
> >> In article
> <LZNe9.15482$LI2.1153816 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> >> biology of
> >> management
> the
> >> optimum
> the
> >>
> >> Even those -- the wildnerness ones -- Bush wants to allow logging
> in.
> >

> >        And it's JUST  Bush?  How naive can a person be?
> >
> >    It couldn't have anything to do with the hundreds of millions of
> >Americans who want  lumber and paper products (and the MANY other
> products
> >made from
> >pulp/cellulose and wood (like artificial vanilla flavoring)?
>
> Let the timber companies use their own land.  You don't see Ford, for
> example, demanding to be allowed to built a factory in the middle of a
> national forest. Why should the timber companies get to use the
> people's land?

        Could we please have a little logic?  I didn't say anything in the
paragraph above that would lead a rational person to write what you did
there.....
        This is a classic example of the blinders that the
ersatz environmental movement wears....They simply will
NOT   accept the realities of the situation.....And so
the Earth dies while they pat themselves on the back for
being the Good Guys....
        Of course, they participate just as fully in the lifestyle
that is trashing the planet as the  anti-environmentalists do.

Bruce<+>

Bruce<+>