Electrical wires in forest trees found!

Bill bill190nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 10:34:43 EST 2003

I was hiking in the forest and saw a laundry basket! Then I saw another
laundry basket.

Then I saw wires running to various trees. There were holes drilled into
the trees and round circular cylinder type things were inserted into the
holes. The wires connected to these.

Then I went further and saw what looked like a weather station on a pole,
solar panels, a big antenna, and locked metal boxes.

I assume computers were in the locked boxes and this was some sort of
forestry research station? I guess the laundry baskets were there to
collect whatever fell from the trees?

Also I saw a device around a tree which had measurement indications on it.
It would expand as the tree grew bigger around and measurements could be
recorded by looking at it.

There seemed to be wires going into the ground at various places.

Anyone know what this is all for?