Beetles attack Santa Fe pine forests

Larry Caldwell larryc at teleport.com
Tue Dec 2 10:49:53 EST 2003

wolfbat359 at mindspring.com (Donald L Ferrt) writes:
> "Don Staples" <dstaplesx at livingston.net> wrote in message news:<vsmon4dkieg0dc at corp.supernews.com>...
> > "Donald L Ferrt" <wolfbat359 at mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > news:b9eb3efe.0311301104.3e0899ff at posting.google.com...
> > > "Don Staples" <dstaplesx at livingston.net> wrote in message
> >  news:<vshjqfmg9nb720 at corp.supernews.com>...
> > > Please inform us on beetle ecology
> >
> > I am sorry, do you have some aversion to doing your own research?  It is
> > really very simple, even for you or any one else to lazy to try to learn a
> > little about a subject before they jump off into a discussion.
>
> No ole wise one = You tell me what this has to do with the Tongass!

Donald, you are just embarrassing yourself.  Pine beetles have nothing to
do with the Tongass, which is a coastal rain forest dominated by spruce,
fir and cedar.

> Or any other place = aka could be global warming:
>
> http://www.canada.com/vancouver/theprovince/story.asp?id=646E1746-A7DE-40A8-8739-B7BF4BE558A8

The author of that story doesn't know anything about pine beetle ecology
either, and didn't bother to ask anyone who would know.  While Canadians
have historically not been interested in their boreal forests except as a
resource to be mined, that does not excuse his abysmal ignorance.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc