Excellent forestry editorial

Larry Harrell lhfotoware at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 14 15:20:18 EST 2003

"Ian St. John" <istjohn at noemail.ca> wrote in message news:<WYsCb.15833$aF2.1754392 at news20.bellglobal.com>...
> "Larry Harrell" <lhfotoware at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:7a90c754.0312120707.41e44f13 at posting.google.com...
> > As Americans find out about how Canadian lumber is harvested, they
>
> America has tried trade harassment at least every few years since NAFTA was
> signed and while Canada always wins the NAFTA and WTO review, they just do
> it again. You reeally can't deal with a country that won't stick to the
> deals it signs but instead finds litigation as a way to get a trade
> advantage over countries with a local advantage ( northern softwood has
> denser grain due to slower growth, so it is in more demand )

Ahhhhh! I see! You want America's forests to burn while you Canadians
log the snot out of your own forests and sell your boards to us. I
also see that America isn't the only country having a problem with
greed. If you take a look at the subject, you'll see we were talking
about excellent forestry, and Canadian clearcuts (of which you
apparently approve) doesn't even qualify as "forestry".

You can now engage your personal attack procedures because your
credibility is in a shambles.

Larry,     a true environmentalist