Potential censure?!?

Larry Harrell lhfotoware at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 5 14:42:11 EST 2003

It seems that I have been reported to Dale Bosworth for "abuse of
government computer services". Yes, I do use a government computer and
I do put forth personal opinions (as well as defending policy and
addressing lies about the USFS), but an individual in a newsgroup
which I never go to has sent off an e-mail complaining of
"crossposting". While I do reply to crossposted threads (initiated by
"preservationist flooders"), I'm not at the heart of his concerns.
Plus, Mr. Tom Beno is also using a computer from a government
institution to post HIS stuff.
I guess I'll just have to wait and see if my activites do constitute a
breach of etiquette, a policy infringement or even a criminal act. If
any of you feel that this is wrong, please feel free to respond here
or to Bosworth himself. The root of Mr. Beno's problems mostly lie
within "his" newsgroup, rec.backcountry and he feels that my responses
(as well as everyone else's who respond to crossposted threads) are
off-topic and need to go elsewhere.

Is this still America?!?!

Larry    defender of truth, logic and the American way