Forest Service caught using misleading photo - Area shown suggested natural area but was actually logged

Le Messurier Churchill at cox.net
Mon Apr 12 22:51:03 EST 2004

news:7a90c754.0404121658.78b3e9cb at posting.google.com...
news:<9OBec.3802$vF3.569652 at news20.bellglobal.com>...

> > Same sort of photos that Larry Hartwell was using to justify the timber
> > cutting of the Kaibab national forest. His 'expertise' was that this was
> > 'typical' of the early natural forests. He claimed that the density was
low
> > because of water stress but couldn't explain how current forest cover
could
> > manage to thrives despite the higher water requirements. I tried to
catch
> > him out but he just claimed superior knowledge and I gave up trying to
get
> > an answer from him.

  Snip

>His solution is to
> let it all burn, not remove any dead trees and continue to sell
> America boards from Canadian clearcuts.

Larry, I think you've got it!  Follow the money.  This Canadian guy is a
shill for the Canadian lumber industry!  I have to assume he is employed by
them either directly or indirectly. At least he gets his money out of
Canadian logs.  This is the only logical and sane way of explaining his lack
of credibility.

"We either thin the forests or they burn - GUARANTEED!"

Le Messurier

Snip