Forest Service caught using misleading photo - Area shown suggested natural area but was actually logged

Donald L Ferrt wolfbat359 at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 13 06:44:36 EST 2004

"Le Messurier" <Churchill at cox.net> wrote in message news:<5d3c7dcac617d643c66e9faf8d9bd35e at news.teranews.com>...
> "Donald L Ferrt" <wolfbat359 at mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:b9eb3efe.0404121902.3564ce91 at posting.google.com...
> > "Le Messurier" <Churchill at cox.net> wrote in message
>  news:<0a9e229cee48690688c290aef470d91a at news.teranews.com>...
> > > Not real smart to use 1) photos that aren't of what they are purported
>  to be
> > > and 2) photos of a different location.  Nonetheless, fact are facts
> >

> > And Propaganda is Propaganda!
> >
> >  and the
> > > forests of today aren't like anything God intended.
> >

> > You speak for God now?????
>
> In case there really is any question, let me clear it up right now.  I do
> not speak for God.  However, his intent is clearly manifested by the last
> photo.

In which you see a lot of very large trees!  Which under Bush will
mainly be cut to save the forests from themselves aka pay for the
thinning! And contrary to Larry, I see a lot of growth under those big
trees = Larry says the big trees kill such off!

> >   The last photo on the
> > > page from Montana (pre-logging) shows how a PP forest should look.  No
>  where
> > > near 1000/acre.  And no understory, but the grasses look high, or else
>  there
> > > is a rise in the foreground.  If it is high, then a nice slow moving
>  "cool"
> > > fire would be just the ticket. It's unfortunate that correct examples of
> > > "before and after" weren't used in the brochure.  The message in it that
>  is
> > > needed for true understanding will get lost in this kerfuffle.
> > >
> > > "Thin the forests or they will burn - GUARANTEED!"
> >

> > Odd the Original Montana forest Pictured did not burn!
>
> Odd?  ODD? Of course it burned!  About every 5 to 10 years.  That is why
> there is no understory.  Look at the photo again.

I see a lot of grass!

  Do you see understory or
> ladder fuels?  No you don't.  The reason is the slow moving, cool ground
> fires that went through this type of forest on a regular basis.

Which is mainly what the present cutting would leave aka taking out
all the big trees to save the forest from itself = Thinning!  Paying
for it!

  You
> obviously think that all forests fires are catastrophic and the whole forest
> turns to cinders.

Nope = Your conclusion, not mine!

  You watch too much television!  The natural fire regimen
> for the PP is NOT catastrophic.

Smokey the Bear lied!

  The catastrophic fires occur only when the
> fuel loads are excessive.  THAT is why the fuel loads must be reduced.  By
> clearing and thinning.

Which takes out all the big trees!  Which leads to fuel buildup!

  Do you get it now?  No? Maybe this will help:  Bring
> the forests back to the natural carrying capacity of the land.

Such as the first picture where the logging has taken the big trees
and left a lot of slash piles that is good for fires!

  In the PP

Which the last Pic does not show!

> that means about 60+ or -  trees per acre instead of the 100's that exist
> now.  (And, leave as much old growth as is consistent with this objective.)

AKA - cut um for the profit = first Pic!

> "Thin the forests or they will burn - GUARANTEED!"
>
> Le Messurier

AKA = cut um for the profit!