Forest Service caught using misleading photo - Area shown suggested natural area but was actually logged

Donald L Ferrt wolfbat359 at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 15 05:53:30 EST 2004

"Le Messurier" <Churchill at cox.net> wrote in message news:<d76c7344ea9157be3cbe4cdf3becc78c at news.teranews.com>...
> As you well know, you have NOT answered the question(s).  You have commented
> to be sure, but provided no answer or suggestions as to how to deal with a
> very severe (and increasingly severe) problem.  I'll ask the pertinent
> questions again:  Do you believe the forests are in an unhealthy condition?
> If you agree they are, what remedies do you suggest or offer?

No, I have answered it!  I have not answered it the way you would
like!  And I will not!

> On the other hand, since you are against the Healthy Forest Act ("as carried
> out"), and since the forests are sure to burn catastrophically if thinning
> does not occur what is your objection to logging?  In fact, to clear
> cutting?  They are gone in either case.  I suppose it's possible that you
> prefer burnt trunks to stumps, but the result is the same.

Hard to say historically the forest service use to let forest fires
burn that they can't today becuase of encroaching buildings up in
remote areas!  You know that; but to satisfy your fanatical design of
a fanatical cutting regime you choose to ignore it!  Again, I did not
answer it in the way you wanted, so you call it a non answer!

> I hope you will answer the questions.  To quote Adelai Stevenson "I'm
> prepared to wait 'till Hell freezes over".  WHAT ARE YOUR REMEDIES TO
> UNHEALTHY FORESTS?

You don't come to the top of Adelai shoes, so don't even try that!

> (Hint, hint, "forest restoration")
>
> Le Messurier
>
> "Thin the forests or they will burn - GUARANTEED!"

Repeating the cycle!