Federal Forestry Events in California (Long)

Larry Harrell lhfotoware at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 20:23:04 EST 2004

Thomas Lee Elifritz <crackpots at everywhere.net> wrote in message news:<401BEB2B.846A15CE at everywhere.net>...
> January 30, 2004
>
> Larry Harrell wrote:
>
> > Since many of the animals listed are there because of habitat loss,
> > shouldn't we be managing our forests to prevent future loss of
> > habitat?
>
> That is a contradiction.
>

> Thomas Lee Elifritz

Oh, Tommy. Such eloquence! Such a logical mind! Good thing you set us
all straight on that issue.

P.S. There is no contradiction. Making our forests drought resistent,
bark beetle resistent and fire resistent protects important endangered
species habitat. Not only do we have to manage our dead fuels buildup,
we have to manage our live fuels buildup. Prove it to a judge if you
think the USFS is wrong or, just watch us continue to gather more
public support with showcase fuels reduction and forest restoration
projects. The more the public learns, the more they will trust us.

Larry,     an honest forester