CANADA: 'Hydro Power is breaking our hearts'

Denny dennis702717 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 01:27:11 EST 2004

It isn't all negative in Canada:
<snip>
While using LED headlights, let us not destroy the environment with
toxic waste.
Looking for a www.freebatteries.com ? You have found it!

Household batteries are responsible for over 50 of all heavy metals in
landfills. Battery Restore Program is a new, emerging-technology
project to refill (similar to inkjet cartridges) used, disposable,
(non-rechargeable) alkaline batteries, for later reuse. Contact:
BatteryRestoreProgram @ yahoo.com

DROP-OFF USED BATTERIES! disposable alkaline or CR2 or CR123 Lithium
batteries AA, AAA, C, D, N, 9V and 6V lantern battery sizes

Drop off clean, non-leaking, alkaline batteries at these locations: q
Capers on Robson, 1675 Robson q Com-West Radio Systems, 8171 Main
Street q Community Centres: Roundhouse, Riley Park, & Mt. Pleasant q
E-ride, 1703 W. 4th Avenue, Vancouver (False Creek) q Gary Murray c/o
Radio Shack, Kingsgate Mall q Genesis Nutrition (5 locations)
Vancouver, Richmond, Coquitlam q Granville Island Kids Market: The
Granville Island Toy Company, The Hairloft, Stay Tooned, Clownin
Around Magic Shop q JV Bike Sales & Rentals, 1387 Richards St.,
Yaletown q Lens & Shutter, 2912 W. Broadway q Mother's Herbs &
Vitamins, 119 Lonsdale, North Vancouver q One-Hour Photo Shop,
Centrepoint Mall, 2949 Main Street q Our Community Bikes, 3283 Main
Street q Our Town Café, 245 E. Broadway & Kingsway q Raw Café, 1849
West 1st Avenue @ Burrard q Ripe Cafe, 3514 W. 4th Avenue, Vancouver
(Kitsilano) q Science World Gift Shop, 1455 Quebec St. q Sports
Junkies, 102 W. Broadway q Subrat or Annie @Radio Shack, Metrotown,
Burnaby q Van-Hobbies, 675 S.E. Marine Drive q Visions, Ken Sinaga,
398 West Broadway

Environment Coordinator: Please consider starting a "battery
collection program" !

<end snip>>