"Healthy Forests" bait and switch?

Larry Harrell lhfotoware at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 08:32:14 EST 2004

"Ian St. John" <istjohn at noemail.ca> wrote in message news:<wmL2c.911$hG.52656 at news20.bellglobal.com>...

> Rather, the self declared 'forestry experts' like Larry have been selling
> advice for decades on how to maximize logging in the forest, pushing 'only
> you can stop forest fires' to maximize the wood accumulation for lumber
> extraction, and only now are changing their 'expertise' to push chopping
> down the forests for fire reduction. The only consistency they have is in
> promoting logging. Why should we believe they are right now when they have
> promoted the exact policies that led to the overgrowth??? And it was
> environmentalist who explained the natural forest cycles and pushed for
> controlled burns to reduce fuels, not these losers.
>

> > Larry,    looking for healthy trees to save
> but satisfied that every tree he sees is diseased or crowded and must be
> extracted to the local sawmill.

Typical blatherings for someone who doesn't know the ecology of our
pine forests. I've stated my opinions and observations and I don't
care if one Canadian is not convinced. Most Americans will trust me to
do what is right for the land. Since you fear what you don't know,
you'll just have to watch us work. The rest of Americans who distrust
will have to see us in court.

Larry,     been at both extremes and didn't like them