"Healthy Forests" bait and switch?

Donald L Ferrt wolfbat359 at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 10 04:43:53 EST 2004

lhfotoware at hotmail.com (Larry Harrell) wrote in message news:<7a90c754.0403040549.6a4f8c at posting.google.com>...
> "hanson" <hanson at quick.net> wrote in message news:<raw1c.20425$aT1.7363 at newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> > Things are so fucked up with this forest stuff, in large
> > part because of the enviro turds, who with their mania for
> > permit charges and user fees have disturbed an originally
> > pretty well working environmental and administrative system.
> > It got so bad that even Disneyland got into the act and intends
> > to administer the National Forests (Not Parks) but only if
> > USFS will deliver them a fee collection system in place, the
> > (1996 Fee Demo legislation) with user-fees amounting for
> > anybody to pay $5.- for walking cross country in any Nat.
> > Forest where there are NO Govt. improvements nor any
> > govt. services. IOW pay to walk on your own public lands!
> >
> > This is in part what I wanted to address Larry about a few
> > days ago in another post.       -----         hanson
> >

> While I am all for forest users to pay for their uses of the National
> Forests, I'm not a big fan of the Demo fee. I think that if a forest
> user parks in a designated and developed parking area or visits an
> interpretive site, etc, they should have to pay a fee. Paying to hike
> on a low to medium usage trail should not have to happen, IMHO.

So much for the Conservative mantra of unlimited access!  I guess we
won't have to bulldoze the wilderness now to allow whellchair access!

> Enforcement of this Demo fee takes a nice little chunk out of the
> funds generated and partially defeats the purpose of the fee.

Hard to say!  All the Money Yellowstone took in was put into the
general fund than actually being used to repair the park!  I am sure
Bush would rather spend it for the Environment of his choice = Mars!

 Those
> who do choose to buy a yearly pass should have some kind of "VIP
> status" when visiting popular areas.

So mush for equal access ideal.  And they can enter the Park on the
Toll road for richies!