Interesting articles from San Bernardino

Larry Harrell lhfotoware at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 23:42:06 EST 2004

Here's two articles in today's local paper I found hanging on my motel
room door this morning. The first one has some text from the
dispatcher's log during the Old Fire.

http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208%257E12588%257E2022050,00.html

The second article had a lovely color picture of dead trees towering
above people's houses. Unfortunately, the picture is not on their
website. There is a pretty cool video of a "fire whirl". The web
article has some very serious issues and problems while trying to deal
with this disaster in progress. Fascinating stuff.

http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208~12588~2022324,00.html

Meanwhile, I'm doing my part to designate "high value" trees in
recreation and administrative sites throughout the San Berdoo. A
contractor will be spraying the chemical used in pet flea collars on
the bole of the tree...REALLY!

Larry,    I think it's gonna be busy this year!