Greetings from the Bitterroot NF

Joe Zorzin abc at xyz.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu May 6 07:08:23 EST 2004

"Larry Harrell" <lhfotoware at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:7a90c754.0405051917.131703ac at posting.google.com...
> I've gotten a chance to tour our project areas here and I'm seeing
> that there is still plenty of work that needs to be done. Mainly it's
> the Douglas fir engraver beetle doing plenty of damage, with pockets
> of mortality peppering the forest here. Much of it will be on
> helicopter ground and it won't be lucrative but, it will keep some
> people working. What does look lucrative is the log home business
> around here.
>
> We're working with some of the locals and they are looking at
> continued downsizing. Of course, it's the field-going people who will
> be losing their jobs, as management will remain in place.

Oh, of course- the mgt. are the full human beings (ubermenschen) who
shouldn't have to suffer unemployment, like those serf field workers
(untermenschen).

I presume you don't have a family to tow along? Or, you just leave them back
home?

Oh, I hear a helicopter flying low over my house- probably the SAF on a
bombing run. <G>

> It's pretty
> sad and I'm thinking that the forest will continue to suffer. As some
> of you know, the corporate headquarters for the Sierra Club has moved
> to Missoula (currently becoming "Californicized" with other corporate
> icons moving into the city). I did get to take a picture of a sign at
> the front door of a fairly remote market excluding "Earth Firsters".
> If you'd like a copy, I can send it off to ya.

Now, now- no picking on the tree huggers.