[Agroforestry] here's the tall trees list.

marion EDWARDS mimsie at nannas.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jan 29 03:04:46 EST 2006

Hi - quite by accident I have been reading "Frosty: A Raccoon to Remember" and have been enchanted by the book, and by the warmth and kindness of its author. But all I have been able to find about Harriett E Weaver is that she was a ranger for 20 years, obviously a great authority on redwoods, an enthusiastic teacher, but that she died in 1993 - so I shall never be able to thank her for the pleasure I have found in reading her book.

However, I discovered through your site that there is a wonderful redwood named after her - the very least she deserved! Can you possibly tell me any more about her? Or direct me to a website which might be more helpful, please.

Kind regards,
Marion Edwards