[Agroforestry] underplanting apple trees with herbal medicinals

Organic Garden Design via ag-forst%40net.bio.net (by organicgardendesign from express56.com)
Tue Dec 4 14:51:31 EST 2007

Hello, I am doing research into the propagation of herbal medicinals.  I am planting herbal medicinals under apple trees.  The area I live in is Worcester County Massachusetts.  The medicinals that grow in our area our forest herbals, such as blood root, black cohosh, possibly ginseng.  The apple trees are 40 acres on an abandoned farm.  First the apple trees have to renovated, and then the planting of medicinals.  Does any one know about information for this type of work?  Also are there grants available to do agro research and where can I find out about them?   Thank you Cathy Harragian, Organic Garden Design 978-422-6217.