[Agroforestry] Research on proximity and land management

Emily Price via ag-forst%40net.bio.net (by emily from pricepages.org)
Sun Feb 25 16:09:33 EST 2007

We are beginning a study of differences in attitudes, values, and
perceptions in attitudes, values, and perceptions on land management
planning issues on the local, regional and national level.
Specifically, we plan to examine the role of proximity, or distance
of residence from National Forests on public emotions and decision-
making.

We are looking for literature dealing with proximity to public lands
and management decisions.  Unfortunately, some of the potentially
relevant literature doesn't appear under normal keyword searches. We
are asking for your help in pointing out any literature that you have
come across that may be relevant to our study.  We would greatly
appreciate your help in identifying any relevant work that you are
aware of.

We will post back to the list once we have compiled a list of
suggested literature in case others are interested.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
Joanne Vining
Associate Professor of Environmental Psychology

And

Emily Price
Graduate student in Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences