[Agroforestry] Glomalin

rand dawson via ag-forst%40net.bio.net (by rdawson At oregonfast.net)
Tue Jan 2 01:02:22 EST 2007

Dan: Im an old retired atty trying to learn something about a few enviro issues and have spent the last 4-5 hrs reading about glomalin and wanted to send the info to some industrious friends that do native reveg work in Australia. I was wondering if the S Australia tree or brush country has a moderate or profound mycorrhizal population, such that the US info Im seeing about glomalin wd have some bearing for these folks in their arid native grass/veg restoration works?

Or perhaps I shd start by assuming that natives grasses (which I assume are perennials) have their own well-established My. groups?

Half their work is within some understory areas...but a lot isnt.

For what its worth, some of the very "advanced" grape (dryland_ growers) are trying the native grasses between rows, but I sense its because the water uptake issues/root structures are different than introduced grasses. I dont recall them referencing some suspected benefit from related My. groups.

rand dawson
florence area
rdawson At oregonfast.net

 This mail is strictly personal and confidential and is intended to advance only personal interests of the undersigned or sender and his or her full interests recognized within 1st Amendment principles. Any named or unnamed recipient agrees that by storage of this mail in any way that she or he fully agrees that the communication from DAWSON is private and only between him and recipient and recipient will not release it for any  purpose aside from that authorized by DAWSON, and in the event some formal legal action seeks this document, recipient will notify DAWSON and provide him time to contest such release. Recipient understands that DAWSON's efforts herein frequently involve matters of public interest and that protection of private and confidential communications often serves and is inherent in protecting the public interest in many issues facing today's corporate-dominated community and governmental processes.  If recipient disagrees, he shall notify Dawson by reply.