[Agroforestry] Re: Glomalin

Maya via ag-forst%40net.bio.net (by maya.paneka At gmail.com)
Wed Jan 3 07:44:31 EST 2007

I don't have any specific advice, but I did a fair bit of research on
the influence of added carbon (in the form of charcoal) on tropical
soils - glomalin needs carbon, adding small quantites in the form of
slow burned woods to the soil, followed by mulching (mimicking the
natural tropical root mat) dramatically increased the ability of
mycorrhyzae to colonise and increase in previously depleted soils.

Gill W.