[Agroforestry] Need Info on Portable Bandsaw Mills

Robert Hardy via ag-forst%40net.bio.net (by rohardy from mindspring.com)
Fri Jun 22 20:15:33 EST 2007

I am glad I am not the only one who is planning to build a portable bandsaw mill. I have most of the design finished. The blade drive wheel size I am thinking of using is 28".  With a standard size blade from Woodmizer, this will give me a 30" cut diameter.  It would be helpful if you knew of a place to find 28" diameter pulleys  wide enough  to use for a blade drive wheel.  I have looked into having them cast, but for now I am not willing to spend the money.

I will start building this summer, but I am starting with the cutting head first. The log lift, log roll, dogs, cutter travel, and stepping motor for the cut thickness, will take less time to build than the cutting head with debarker, guide adjusters, blade adjustment, and blade drive motor assembly.

Good luck with yours.  It is hard to believe that there is someone else who says 'buy it?! - I think I can build that better and cheaper'

Robert Hardy