[Agroforestry] ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS INSTITUTE 2008- MISSOULA, MT

centerforethics.atum from gmail.com via ag-forst%40net.bio.net (by centerforethics.atum from gmail.com)
Tue Apr 15 22:02:25 EST 2008

Greetings friends,

We are pleased to announce the third session of the annual summer
Environmental Ethics Institute at The University of Montana in
beautiful Missoula, MT. Hosted by the Center for Ethics at UM, the
2008 Environmental Ethics Institute offers two opportunities for
formal education in environmental ethics via two innovative short
courses. Courses held during past institutes drew a wide range of
participants, including professors, graduate students, professionals
(including environmental journalists) and community members. These
courses are designed to offer all participants the opportunity for
lively discussion and in-depth contemplation of environmental ethics,
regardless of individual backgrounds.

Environmental Ethics and Policy will again be taught by Andrew Light,
Associate Professor of Philosophy and Public Affairs at the University
of Washington. This course includes an online component which begins
July 1, and a week of face-to-face instruction held August 4-8, 2008.

Women, Health and the Environment is our new weekend short course
offering, and will be taught by Karen Warren, Professor of Philosophy
at Macalester College (St. Paul, MN) and renown eco-feminist
philosopher. This course will be held the weekend of August 1-3.

Courses can be taken for 3 or 1 credit(s) respectively, or as
workshops (no credit) at a reduced rate. Please visit our website for
more information and registration instructions: http://www.umt.edu/ethics/programs/EEI.html

The 2008 EEI will also include a number of public lectures and
discussion forums from renown speakers, all of which will be free of
charge and open to both students and community members. As information
on those events becomes available it will be posted on our website.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact
Dane Scott, Director of the Center for Ethics,
at dane.scott from mso.umt.edu
or via telephone at (406)243-6632.