[Agroforestry] RE: Paulownia Empress Splendor in Canada: I concur on ALL points

David W Morris via ag-forst%40net.bio.net (by dmorris from enocis.org)
Mon Mar 16 16:14:32 EST 2009

Gerald I agree with your observations BUT then again if it is his money, it
is his problem. However, if he is using country from the State you should
inform the appropriate agencies of your concern.

The university has a lab in Georgia we clone with but bioengineer is another
issue completely.

We spend a lot of time trying to correct the misconceptions about paulownia.
Like teak was the panacea twenty years ago, paulownia is rapidly falling
into that category.

Gerald, ENOCIS has an investors web site www.panampro.com for people
interested in investing in managed paulownia forests. The numbers therein,
are by third parties and not the university so it adds credibility to its
content.

As a swag, in ten years one can earn approximately $115,000 USD gross from
investing $10,000 USD in one hectare of paulownia, in the tropics, not
hundreds of thousands as is purported on some pages.

David W Morris

As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree' -- probably because it's so
hard to figure out how to get the bark on. -- Woody Allen