[Agroforestry] Honey locust research irrigated high desert AZ 5900 ft elevation

Mike Meixler via ag-forst%40net.bio.net (by meixler from citlink.net)
Fri Jun 18 14:01:19 EST 2010

Hello,

My name is Mike Meixler. I live in concho, Az which is high and dry in
temperate desert. Plenty of cold winter with snow and hot summers. low
rainfall with 10-12 inches

about half during the monsoons and half to snowfall.  I currently have
about 70 acres under irrigation where I raise grass fed beef in a
rotational grazing scheme.

I planted about 100 honey locust trees on a permaculture swale the
captures my irrigation tailwater and they seem to be thriving.
I want to plant about 30 -40 acres of hillsides with honey locust
strips on swales to capture runnoff with strips of pasture in between
to grazw with elec. fence.  Can anyone

steer me where I can get seeds or young trees to plant?  I ordered
some from lawer nursery in MT but recently found out that many of the
trees have been bred to

throw off less pods rather than more.

thank you,

Mike Meixler