ageing theory

bishopj at bishopj at
Sat Feb 13 13:23:18 EST 1993

In article <6286 at> einararn at (Einar Arnason) writes:
> 	What i would like to know is wheter there is some newer
> summary of agetheory available somewhere ( I mean something like G.C.W.).
> I would also really like if people could share their opinion of what such
> an article should include and maybe explain where ageing theory is going
> to day. Is it going molecular still or is evoltion still ther? I anyone
> has any info on death-genes in drosophila or other organisms that would
> be nice to...
Yes, check out Michael Rose's book, "Evolutionary Biology of Ageing" (Oxford
Univ. Press, 1990).  After reading Stearns and Williams, you probably will be
well-prepared to read this book.  To paraphrase  from reviews in Nature and
Science, Rose surveys and synthesizes the literature on ageing in the light
evolutionary theory.

John Bishop
Department of Botany
University of Washington, Seattle