reply

Marilyn Jacobson MAJACOBS at NDSUVM1.BITNET
Tue May 11 20:29:45 EST 1993

Re: my research findings.  The well-being of adult children who
had  a parent with Alzheimer's Disease or Related Disorders, as
measured on Tebb's (1992) 22 item Caregiver Well-being Scale,
was positively related to the relationship with the parent with
DRD, the parent's knowledge of the disease and the marital
status of the adult child.  These findings were statistically
significant.  Several trends were noted, but I need to complete
multivariate analysis before I can report any additional findings.
Well-being was higher for those adult children who had a positive,
filial relationship with the parent, for those whose parent was
aware of the diagnosis, and for those who were married.  These
are only tentative findings of a small (n=41), unrepresentative
sample.
Marilyn.