A World Wide Web site for aging research

G-orgasm master theoblit at wam.umd.edu
Wed Aug 17 18:26:37 EST 1994

In article <sgaran.7.2E515886 at hookup.net> you wrote:
:  We are at a point in time where we MUST start doing things a little differen\tly, I say
: this because from this point on we must all communicate and I mean communicat\e.
: Today it is possible for someone doing research on the other side of the plan\et to
: find out what you are doing in your lab today and not 4 months from today.

I would like it, but who has the time to program the www to discuss
their research?  Why would it be better than this?  The experience I
have in my more competitive field is that some researchers are
reluctant to discuss work until they have completed a paper.  There
are some good reasons for this, one of which is the problem of idea
theft.  I like the old fashioned library system myself.   Conferences
are fine too.