male/female ageing

Chris Driver drierac at
Tue Dec 20 13:21:02 EST 1994

It is my perception that marital violence plays a big role in shortening the
women's lifespan. This is not easily tested quantitatively because death that
is brought on by violence may actually be listed under a number of other

Sorry to be so pessimistic about my own sex!

Also the role of food in determining longevity is grossly overstated. The main
determinants of longevity appear to be social class and genetics.

Chris Driver
Chris Driver, Ph D
School of Biology and Chemistry, Rusden Campus
Deakin University
662 Blackburn Rd
Clayton, VIC, 3168