Humour in ageing

Sydney Shall bafa1 at central.susx.ac.uk
Fri Jun 17 11:03:23 EST 1994

RATTAN at kemi.aau.dk wrote:
: Something to cheer me up while I am getting free-radicalized due to
: anxiety;

: Press RETURN for more...

: MAIL>

:     #39         17-JUN-1994 14:09:33.37                                     MAIL
: I hope no body minds a little humour on this channel.

: 1. Ageing (for men) is when you remember that you used to run after
: girls, but you do not remember - "what for?"

: 2. An elderly couple is sitting near each other at the dinner table. First
: the woman eats her food slowly and surely while the man gently fans away
: any flies or other nasty things. After she finishes eating, the man starts
: to eat his food, and now the woman fans and cleans while he enjoys the
: food. A social gerontologist watching them is highly impressed and says
: "I am so pleased to see both of you. You must be having great love and
: respect for each other."
: The old woman replies:
: "To hell with love and respect; we have only one set of dentures...."

: (So guys, now you know what it means to be elderly in these times
: of declining national health services......).

: I love to collect nice, clean jokes (sometimes even not so nice and

: Press RETURN for more...

: MAIL>

:     #39         17-JUN-1994 14:09:33.37                                     MAIL
: unclean are also OK). So please contribute your stories once in
: a while to cheer up all of us who are otherwise bored to death
: looking for single base errors in gerontogenes or not so gerontogenes!!

: Suresh Rattan/Aarhus/Denmark   rattan at kemi.aau.dk
Suresh;

 Shakespeare had his line on this too!!!

"I am not so young as to dote on her for singing, nor so old as to dote
on her for anything"

--
Sydney SHALL,
Laboratory of Cell and Molecular Biology,