aging FAQ

Timothy R. Hughes th035681 at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Mar 15 13:41:19 EST 1994

I am working on a FAQ for this newsgroup that I hope to
post around the beginning of April.  I am looking for
the following references - could nyone help me?  I
have access to medline and a large medical research library,
but I can't seem to dig up the following:

1.)  Statistics on cuase of death for the U.S. as a whole
     and for, say, persons over 60.

2.)  easily interpreted health statistics for the aging in
     general.

(I have been advised to consult actuarial tables for the
above but I don't have time.)

3.)   a simple list of medical "biomarkers of aging", not
      related to death or disease

4.)  A complete listing of the various progeroid syndromes
     ranked by phenotype and age of onset.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-- Tim Hughes