DNA damage paradoxes

Richard Lockshin rick at sjubiol.stjohns.edu
Thu Mar 24 02:06:08 EST 1994

[I am putting these replies to Timothy R Hughes on public because I think
that others may be interested.]
One could go on for weeks about these questions.  I assume from
your .edu address that you are at a US university.  You really
should go to the library and get some basic books on the subject,
for instance, Finch.  Otherwise, ask the librarian how to do
targeted literature searches.  I get the impression that you are
using the internet for individual tutorials--not an effective use
of academic time.  If you have trouble getting started with the
literature and you are a student, contact the Gerontological
Society of America, 202: 842-1275, 1275 K St NW, Suite 350,
Washington DC 20005-4006.  They have an effective mentorship
program for students who are isolated from gerontological
programs.  Otherwise, consider going to the GSA meeting in
Atlanta the week before Thanksgiving, or the AGE meeting (not
yet fixed).

--richard lockshin