'Immortal'; Request For Synonym

Ibelgaufts at vms.biochem.mpg.de Ibelgaufts at vms.biochem.mpg.de
Tue Apr 25 07:02:40 EST 1995

In article
<Pine.OSF.3.91.950419210234.9993G-100000 at Gayle-Gaston.tenet.edu>,
dashley at TENET.EDU (Don Ashley) wrote:

* This is a request for a more 'scientific' term for perpetual cell
* division.  The term 'immortal' is offensive to some scientists and
* religious fundamentalists.
*
-------------lots of stuff deleted-------------------

oh goodness, the only advantage of coining another term is to make
lexicographers happy about another entry. What, after all, is a
"scientific" term other than one used in the scientific community. Why
change widely used and accepted terms just because some fundamentalists
took offence. It is their problem, not ours.

Horst

--

                                             H Ibelgaufts