social/ethical group proposed

John de Rivaz John at longevb.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 02:43:12 EST 1995

In article: <3ifmh7$it0 at mace.cc.purdue.edu>  barani at mace.cc.purdue.edu
(Barani) writes:

>  Recently non-molecular biology postings have outnumbered
>  the ones that are relevant to this group.
>  I wish to express my opinion that bionet.molbio.ageing
>  is a newsgroup devoted to discussions on molecular
>  biological aspects only. I would recommend the discussions
>  on ethical and social issues be directed to other longevity
>  newsgroups (or we can always create a new newsgroup for that
>  purpose).

I'd vote for such a newsgroup - I appeciate that I am often guitly of adding
to threads in this innapproriate way, but once started it is difficult to
stop!

The alternatives I know of are

sci.life-extension
sci.cryonics

and these could also benefit from an offloading of ethical and social issues
into the proposed group. I have cross posted this to these groups as well,
in the hope that maybe sufficient people will be interested, together with
someone who actually knows how to get a new group going!

--
               * Publisher of        Longevity Report *