Collective Research

John Thomas Renfro ren at iac.net
Tue Jan 3 18:42:39 EST 1995

Ageing is a very complex process and indeed involves chemical and
physiological death-mechanisms. But all of these mechanisms seem to be
tied into the programming of the DNA. Further, specialized cells seem to
die and reproduce at different rates. Skin cells die faster than brain
cells, unless you were at my New Year's Eve Party. Tsk Tsk.

If we could isolate this enzyme within cancer cells and re-design it to
only interact with vital tissue and organs which maintain the awareness
of the organism such as brain cells, then immortality could be possible.

Further, if gene-therapy and mapping continues to advance at this rate,
we could design a human-being with many interesting properties. How about
someone who could regenerate flesh like the star-fish.

The implications of creating a super-race has dark-overtones if used for
martial gain. But if gene-gineering were handled with the goal of
improving our lives, an immortal, resiliant race wouldn't be so bad.

It has always been the goal of humanity to control pain and death. Don't
you want to live forever?

Nature's reason for the cycles of life and death are simple. ...to create
a better tomatoE. But if humanity can learn to control the evolution of
the human body through genetics, why would death be neccessary anymore?

I would like to hear your opinion.