Robert Luly luly at
Thu Jan 12 14:31:17 EST 1995

James A. Work (jimwork at wrote:
: I don't know about the theory "The lower the better."  Some types of
: cancers have LDL binding sites on their surfaces.  A sudden drop in LDL
: might be bad news.
: --
: James A. Work a major skew.                         jimwork at
Yeah those binding sites have enough total area to make a
difference? I think that low LDL is a symptom not a cause but if I saw a
*sudden* drop in LDL I think I would check under the hood just in case. I
still think slowly lowering total cholestrol  (except HDL) is better.