reproductive rates of paramecia
Yetta Hoiyan Ming
yetta at unixg.ubc.ca
Mon Jan 16 20:36:21 EST 1995
Hello. My friends and I are designing an experiment on the effects of
oil on paramecia. We have chosen to focus specifically on paramecium
reproduction rates as a function / result of light levels. However,
there are some questions to be clarified before we can be fully confident
in commencing our experiment.
1) Wee need to keep our samples alive for several weeks and we are
planning to feed them E. coli. How much would we need per week?
2) How often dows paramecia reproduce?
3) How do you cultivate paramesia in a laboratory?
4) Our hypothesis is : Decreased light level results in a slower
paramecia reproductive rate. Are we way off base here? Does light have
any effect on paramecia at all?
5) Has this experiment been done before? What were the results?
If anyone can help us, please reply or e-mail me at yetta at unixg.ubc.ca.
Thank you for your time, and we await your timely response.
/. .\ | | _____
o ( / _ - - _ oo/><><>\
/ (- | | ( \ ( -)><><><>
More information about the Ageing