commercial ad?

Robert Luly luly at netcom.com
Fri Jan 20 11:49:09 EST 1995

Dr.S.Baranidharan (barani at mace.cc.purdue.edu) wrote:

: >This seems to me to violate the commercial advertising ban that is
: >supposed to be in force in this newsgroup.  Current Contents doesn't
: >advertise here, why should this person be allowed to ask for
: >contributions. Do others agree or is this sort of message "in bounds"?
: >
: >Brian Hollander

:  Well, Nobody asked for your money. It is foolish to compare my
:  efforts with commercial ads where they expect money for their
:  product. I do not expect any for my efforts. It would have been
:  nice to receive a few words of encouragement. Get a life.

:  S.Baranidharan
:
I for one thank you for the reading list. I know how difficult it is to
find good information. Sometimes I feel like I am thirsty and I am trying
to get a drink from a fire hose :)
R. Luly