Melatonin Dosage

Morten Gale mortgale at omni.voicenet.com
Wed Jul 19 16:00:27 EST 1995

An article by Janet Raloff in Science News (Vol 147 No. 19, pg 300-301)
described several benefits of taking melatonin as an aid for sleep, aging
(antioxidant), breast cancer, etc.

Does anyone know where I can find more information about the appropriate
dosage and timing for using melatonin as an aid for sleeping and anti-aging (I
am 70)? I have some 3mg Melatonin tablets from KAL, who suggest 1 - 2
tablets, 20 minutes before going to sleep. Is that the only time that they can
be taken? Or can they be taken at other times for their anti-aging benefits?
Is there a detrimental consequence of taking more than the recommended dose?

Any suggestions for further sources of information would be appreciated.

Mort Gale