Attitudes to life extension via genetic engineering

Chris421 chris421 at gate.net
Wed Mar 1 05:53:03 EST 1995

Hold on there.  The population trend (unbridled escalation) does put
humanity in an awkward position.  But before anyone starts murdering
billions consider this.  Instead of engineering a virus that fills the
graveyards, how bout targeting the genital tract.  If such a facility
exists where by Red Deathes can be conjured up in 30 minutes or less,
surely it could spare a few extra computer cycles to produce a kinder,
gentler strain to decimate humankind (or at least future HK).  A global
sterilization...Imbued with a great freedom--an un-legacy if you will,
allowing yet another bio-anomaly (that had it coming) to be swept up under
the mat of evolution???  Err..maybe not, but imagine all the wondrous
exercises in & of futility :)